Pages

Friday, 24 June 2011

The team have arrived

After more than 13 hours of travelling, the team finally arrived at their caravan park in Sandown at around 8pm. There were some very tired looking athletes at the team meal tonight! It didn't help that the driver got lost on the drive down and found himself in Birmingham City Centre - yes honestly, you couldn't make it up! There were also no toilets on the coach, creating an obvious problem for athletes who are taught to drink lots of water to keep hydrated. Keith Gerrard reckoned the journey was every bit as long as travelling home from Albuquerque in New Mexico, and felt he was in a different time zone! I hope everyone gets a good  night's sleep to recover tonight.

Before meeting the team, I had a wander down to Sandown seafront and through the main street. Several of the Bermuda team were around, and I spotted about 15 of the Shetland team having a meal in an Italian restaurant. I took some photos of the seafront, which is slightly reminiscent of the view from Ramsey beach.

The view south - could that be Maughold Head in the distance?
And the view north - is the Point of Ayre round the corner?
But the view back from the beach is definitely Sandown, not Ramsey!

1 comment:

  1. So,what happened to the coach driver's sat nav?Hope nobody gave him a tip.Woman Hitler,lol

    ReplyDelete