A blog based on the Isle of Man athletics team as they prepare for and compete in the 2011 NatWest Island Games on the Isle of Wight
Friday, 10 June 2011
Time for an improved 'Land of our Birth'?
I was reminded again whilst listening to the coverage of the TT races on Manx Radio today what a beautiful National Anthem the Isle of Man has, and I think the version used by Manx Radio is excellent. The YouTube one I have posted above is fairly similar. I hope we will be hearing "O Land of our Birth" a few times on the Isle of Wight later this month, but I do think the version that has been used in recent Games has been quite poor and could do with replacing.
I don't know what anyone else thought, but I honestly felt a touch of anticlimax on both occasions the anthem was played at the athletics in Aland in 2009. You could barely hear it until it was well into the verse, and I just felt it slightly spoiled what were two very special moments. Maybe something has already been done about it for this year - if not hopefully it is not too late!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment